What do I offer?
The most important thing for me is to tell your story, and to do so in the most natural way possible. I am flexible and calm by nature, which makes it easy for me to involve each family member in the way that best suits them. I prefer working with natural light, but will of course bring all professional equipment required and I will involve the location you decided on as much as possible. You can book me for a maternity shoot, for birth photography or invite me over once your little one has arrived for a newborn shoot. Or all of these options of course! If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me via email or phone.
1) Maternity shoot
It’s up to you to choose where I photograph your family, or just the pregnant mother! The shoot could be at home, outdoors or at a venue of your choice. I have worked at a range of locations across Basel, so I can also offer suggestions for the perfect spot. If you prefer a home shoot, I will usually photograph you in the living room and bedroom as well as the baby’s room. I like to include small details of the baby’s room in my work, and also some of the outfits or toys you have picked out for your little one!
Optimal timing for your maternity shoot is between your 30thand 34thweek of pregnancy as you will still be full of energy and, most importantly, your belly will be on full display!
2) Birth photography
Before photographing your birth I always have an introductory meeting with the parents-to-be. It’s a nice and relaxed way to get to know each other and I really value having a good connection with you both. I will bring a selection of my earlier work so you can tell me which styles you like before talking in detail through your wishes, ideas and questions. By the end of the meeting we will have planned out the key aspects of the shoot, and you can leave feeling totally relaxed!
Some of the practicalities we will discuss during this meeting include:
- That I will be on standby exclusively for you (any changes to this will need to be agreed on by both parties) 10 days before the due date until 10 days after the due date. If you are going into labor earlier or later, please call me and if I am available I will be very happy to come and photograph the birth
- At what point you should call me if the birth seems to be starting and when I will arrive at the location
- Typically I will photograph during contractions and during delivery
- After the baby is born I will stay for two to three hours to document the check-ups, your baby being dressed, your first moments as a family and the first feeding moment
- If you have a planned caesarean, I first need to request permission from the hospital to be present during the birth
- In the event you need an emergency caesarean it will depend on the situation and staff whether I am allowed into the room. If this is not the case, I will hand my camera to the father or a staff member to take as many pictures as possible. I will edit these pictures together with mine into one complete birth story
Ideally you would contact me around your 30th week of pregnancy latest to organize this shoot
During these shoot I will photograph your new family, ideally at your home, in a relaxed and familiar environment for you and your newborn. I will take plenty of time to photograph feeding moments, diaper changes and lots of cuddles and kisses and I will follow your and your baby’s pace. To keep the atmosphere during these shoots as calm and relaxed as possible for your baby, I will not use any extra props or decorations, unless explicitly requested by you. I will be there to document daily life with your baby, capturing these important moments just as they are. A precious visual reminder for later.
Newborn shoots are best planned between 3 until 14 days after the birth.
Family pictures are always a treat. Whether you are ordering them for yourself, for grandparents or other loved ones, they are a wonderful reflection of your family’s early years. A nice extra is using your own home or landmarks or the city you live in as a background. I have worked at a range of locations across Basel, so I can also offer suggestions for the perfect spot. If you prefer a home shoot, I will usually photograph daily family moments for example when you’re playing together, preparing food and having lunch or dinner, bringing the little ones to bed. Or when you have teenagers, the moments that they are making homework or hanging on the couch.
Nice thing about family shoots is that you can book the whole year, whenever you’re ready for it!